Let’s see if they will be right :)
Apparently Canon wants to keep the “WOW” momentum and they plan to release a new High Resolution R5s camera in 2021:
- Approxamently 90mp sensor
- “Pixel-shift like feature” to add resolution (Perhaps like Fujifilm’s feature in the GFX 100?). Total resolution “north of 300mp”.
- Nearly identical body design as the Canon EOS R5.
- Video features are “NOT a focus” of the Canon EOS R5s.
- Image stabilization will be a “slightly different version” than the current RF mount cameras.
- Pricing will be “similar” to the Canon EOS R5.
- Announcement scheduled for Q1 of 2021 (All announcements are still a moving target for obvious reasons.)
Don’t know if Sony will answer them with a new A7rV. What we know is that Sony has a 102MP FF sensor.
The Japanese website alfaromeo-jp had a chat with Ricoh Imaging president Shinobu Takahashi. A couple of take aways:
- There will be no GR camera with a zoom lens
- They don’t want to make products that are “in”
- They want to make products that are fun
So really not a lot of info but it’s clear they don’t give a damn about making mirrorless system cameras.
Fujirumors listed the very long list of products that might be announced on January 27:
Fujinon GF80mm f/1.7
Fujinon XF27mm f/2.8 MK II
Fujinon XF70-300mm f/4-5.6
New Fujifilm Film Simulation