A highly reliable source just sent me this image of the new 21mm f/2.8 Zeiss Ventum lens. UPDATE: Nokishita leaked an image too and he believes this series might be fore Security-Drone E-mount cameras…not sure about that…
Quick mention of some new smaller rumors:
The Fuji X-PRO3 is coming this year and will be made in Japan (Fujirumors).
New Olympus president Yasuo Takeuchi says they will surely NOT sell the camera business (43rumors).
Sigma MC-21 adapter preorders will open on April 19 (L-rumors).
One more news:
Canon Celebrates 16th Consecutive Year of Number 1 Share of Global Interchangeable-lens Digital Camera Market (CanonWatch).
Well, this is good news for MFT lovers. After all that Panasonic S buzz they are finally back on track making MFT cameras too. Here are the first leaked images of the new G85 successor!
Dpreview posted their interview with Nikon. A couple of interesting statements from Nikon:
1) Nikon still believes optical viewfinder is superior and that high end sports DSLR cameras are still needed
2) Nikon admits that there is the request for mirrorless APS-C cameras. But they cannot disclose yet if they will do such cameras
I think having APS-C cameras with such a large Z-mount are a bit nonsensical. It would make more sense to have a new smaller mount to allow the design for smaller cameras…don’t you think?
Sony will announce the new RX0II tomorrow (March 26). Seems like Sony really wants to sell this camera to Vloggers…
Valuetech shared some insights collected at the Cp+ show:
- Sony Germany expects to lose some market share this year
- Third party manufacturer confirm the larger mount from Canon RF, Nikon Z and Leica L gives some small design advantage over the Sony E-mount. Particularly when it comes to get less Vignetting. Still, all confirmed that yes you can do superfast lenses for Sony E-mount too but this isn’t going to happen anyway for obvious reasons (too costly, too big).
- Tamron is considering making native RF and Z mount lenses. But they are not sure if they will simply adapt the existing FE lenses.
- Tamron said they will no mor make lenses for Sony A-mount
- Nikon said a camera above the Z7 is likely to come