CanonWatch summed up the rumors about the future Canon FF mirrorless system cameras:
- Different sources and sites were reporting that early prototypes exist, at least to be tested inside Canon’s labs. This intel came in 2016 and early 2017.
- Canon is possibly working on a full-frame mirrorless camera with EF mount. There have been rumors saying that Canon is delaying this camera because of issues in implementing the EF mount. There is a lot of talk about this. If Canon manages to engineer a full-frame mirrorless camera with EF mount, thus allowing us to use our beloved EF lenses on a smaller and hopefully performing body, it will be a winner. Imagine what you could do with a MILC that goes along with your EF lenses. There is serious a chance we may see this.
- The latest bit of info I got suggests Canon will announce a full-frame mirrorless camera with a sensor having a resolution of 36-38MP.
- A possible announcement date is around Photokina 2018, which happens in September.
- And for all those 4K fans out there: we have been told that, yes!, most likely it will feature 4K video.