An unbiased status of the “Battle” between Mirrorless and DSLR!
The video above shows the autofocus performance of the Contax 645 80mm lens on the Fuji GFX50s. This is possible thanks to the use of the electronic adapter from Fringer.
An advice: Turn off the audio…the music is horrible :)
Canon revised their forecats and there is good and bad news:
- in Q1 profit was higher than expected (270 billion Yen instead of 255 billion Yen)
- But the company’s outlook on 2017 camera unit sales are gloomier, with ILC unit sales dropping 7% and compacts down 13%, working out to -9% overall.
About time for Canon to think how cool it would be if they would make a FF mirrorless system camera like the one designed by David Riesenberg? :)
CIPA (PDF file here) published the full March camera shipment report. And the good news continues as it seems that in 2017 camera sales will not fall below the 2016 year. If the trend continues 2017 will be the first year after 2011 (if I remember it right) without a market drop.
Let’s try to distract the people from the ongoing Sony A9 news coverage :)
We know of two cameras coming soon:
1) Olympus will announce the new E-M10III within the next couple of months
2) Sony will announce a new camera in June. We don’t know what it is but the best guess is that this is a new RX camera. But it definitely is NOT a new A9r camera as reported as usual by some bogus rumor sites that never have been right once :)
3) Panasonic and Fuji will announce their next new mirrorless system camera after this summer!