– We are checking the cine lens market and if there is a place for us there.
– We are studying to possibility to make a Full Frame f/1.8 zoom just like the 18-35mm f/1.8 APS-C lens. The issue here is to keep the size reasonable
– We are sure mirrorless will growth and we will expand our presence there
– I’ts a bit more difficult to make ART lenses for the Sony FE system because of the not so large diameter of the mount. We don’t know why Sony did this. Likely because the E-mount was meant for APS-C first and only after that they did use it for FF too.
– We are aware that Canon and Sony are working on a similar “foveon” technology
– Our current APS-C sensor match the medium format sensor quality. And it would not be a problem for us to make even larger (medium format) Foveon sensors. But the medium format market is shrinking…
– If we do a mirrorless system camera than we have to be sure to be able to support that system in future
– yes we have other companies interested in using our Foveon sensor.
– we expect companies to announce PRO stuff at CP+ in February
Very interesting as usual. Sigma and CEO Kazuto Yamaki are really a nice small family company and I wish them to keep having success in future!!!