Here is a new set of rumors about the new Nikon Full Frame mirrorless. Still unclear if the first camera(s) will be announced on July 23 as previously rumored:
- Over 400 AF points, not sure about the exact number, it should be somewhere between 430-450. The AF is supposed to be very fast.
- The rear LCD screen is tiltable just like the Nikon D850.
- There is a second LCD screen on the top of the camera.
- My understanding is that there is only one selection wheel on top of the camera.
- The camera’s “prism” with the EVF is a bit less angular/smoother when compared to the Sony a7.
- I can now confirm that the new 24-70 mirrorless full frame kit lens will indeed be f/4.
- I see 8K listed in the technical specifications, but it is hard for me to get the translation – I don’t think it’s for video, maybe 8K time-lapse just like the D850?
- The new Nikon mirrorless camera will have a nice finish and a very comfortable grip. The overall handling/feeling is supposed to be excellent – this is coming from somebody who is/has tested the camera.
- Most likely no built-in flash.
- The promo materials should include dancers.
- Potential names: Z300 and Z500 (not confirmed, take it with a grain of salt for now).