So far Nikon’s marketing department managed to make us very excited about the new Nikon FF mirrorless. Nikon also had some obivous advantage:
– They know their “enemy” Sony. They can target their cameras properly and attack Sonys weaks spot (like ergonomy)
– They can build a hype on the new mount
– They can grab some attention with their 58mm f/0,95 lens
But truth is we don’t know for sure what the camera specs are and what’s the pricing of cameras and lenses. We don’t have 100% reliable and final info about the new gear. So what could possibly still go wrong?
- Video might lags behind Sony’s offering
- Autofocus and Eye-AF might be behind Sony’s tech
- Building a new lens line up takes time and people may not have that patience
- Nikon might cripple the camera on some features and we still don’t know about this
- Nikon’s 58mm f/0,95 pricing might be $3,000+ making it a no-go for 99% of the future Nikon Z camera owners. And what’s the pint of having a huge mount for fast lenses if you can’t buy them?
- Nikon Z may fit a small crop MF sensor like the Fuji GFX, but that sensor is a) expensive b) lags behind the latest FF tech
Any other point you might want to add?