What I imagined to be a bad looking camera looks far better once you see these full size images of the soon to be announced A7 and A7r E-mount Full Frame cameras! DOn’t think these will be Leica killers but it’s definitely nice to have the possibility to grab a $1700 camera(!) instead of the $7000 Leica M.
Specs reminder: In case you are confused by the many rumors I posted lately here are the SR5 info on the cameras:
– A7 has 24 Megapixel sensor with Phase detecion AF
– A7r has 36 Megapixel with no on sensor Phase detection and no Anti Aliasing filter for maximum sharpness
– A7 body costs $1698 and $1998 with 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS lens. A7r costs $2198 body only.
– Both cameras have a fixed OLED EVF with 2,4 million dot resolution. It’s the same used by the Olympus E-M1
– AF speed is faster than the RX series.
– Takes SD cards and uses the NEX battery
– A7/A7r Body is weather sealed
– 1/8000 shutter speed
– titlable LCD screen
– focus peaking
– Built-in Wifi and NFC
– Playmemories Camera Apps
– The menu interface is the same as the RX series (and not the one used by NEX cameras).
– optional vertical grip
– New LAEA Full Frame A to E-mount adapter
– Current NEX APS-C lenses will work in crop mode or Full Frame mode (with heavy vignetting or dark corners)
New FE lenses:
Zeiss FE 24-70mm f/4.0 OSS
Sony G 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS
Zeiss FE 35mm f/2.8
Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8
Zeiss FE 70-200mm f/4.0 OSS (coming early 2014)
many more lenses coming the next 12 months (including fast primes).
– 1 inch sensor camera
– fixed 24-200mm f/2.8 constant aperture lens