Sony’s last camera announcement happened 11 months ago with the A7III launch. This is AGES for a company like Sony that used to unveil a plethora of new cameras every year. I guess the A7III success did delay the launch of other models. And maybe they wanted to check out the new Canon and Nikon FF mirrorless cameras to see what they will fight against in the near future.
Anyway, we are finally there and tomorrow Sony is rumored to launch a new APS-C “medium-level” camera. Not the A7sIII and not the A7000 we were waiting for but at least finally something more affordable for the masses :)
UPDATE: these are the Sony A6400 specs:
Sony A6400 recap (ILCE6400):
– Sony A6400 will be announced on Jan 15 between 4-5pm London time.
– It’s going to become the new mid-level camera replacing both the A5100 and entry level A6xxx cameras
– It has a classic A6xxx design but it has the A5100 selfie screen (SAR note: That’s why for a short moment I thought this was an A5xxx camera…but it’s not).
– new APS-C sensor
– Made for vloggers
– 4K30p (it has NOT 4k60p)
– No Z-battery and no dual SD card slot
– But has some new “exciting” features