Today Pentax announced the release of a new Q-mount wide anle zoom. It’s the smallest and lightest ultra-wide angle zoom of any mirrorless system. It’s 17.5mm-27mm (FF equivalent) and has a f/3.7-4 aperture.
RICOH IMAGING U.K LTD. is pleased to announce the launch of the PENTAX-08 WIDE ZOOM ultra-wide-angle zoom lens, designed exclusively for use with super-compact Q-mount digital lens-interchangeable cameras.
The latest model in the high-performance Q-mount lens series, the PENTAX-08 WIDE ZOOM is the world’s smallest, and lightest ultra-wide-angle zoom lens on the market.* When mounted on the PENTAX Q7 camera body, it provides focal-length coverage from 17.5mm to 27mm (in 35mm format), making it suitable for a wide variety of subjects including snapshots, architecture and sweeping landscapes.
* The world’s smallest, and lightest ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with a focal length of 20mm (in 35mm format) or shorter at its wide-angle end, as of November 1, 2013 (based on RICOH IMAGING research).
1. Super-compact, ultra-lightweight design
The incorporation of three molded-glass aspherical elements in its optics, means that this zoom lens has the shortest overall length (approximately 38mm) in the Q-mount zoom lens range and features a super-compact body weighing a mere 75g. With its pocket size and unique focal-length coverage from 17.5mm to 27mm in 35mm format (with a Q7 camera body), it can be used for a wide range of subjects and applications — especially for shooting in confined spaces where the subject is close to the camera, and for scenic photography with exaggerated perspectives. Its machined-aluminium barrel cam assures a smooth, comfortable zooming operation.
2. Exceptional visual description
The incorporation of a moulded-glass DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element in the first optical group means this lens reduces distortion to a minimum. By incorporating two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and one super-low-dispersion glass element in its optics, it delivers clear, high-resolution images with edge-to-edge sharpness, while effectively compensating for chromatic aberration over the entire zoom range.
3. Other features
- Inner-focus mechanism for high-speed, low-noise AF operation
- Quick-Shift Focus system for instant switching to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system
- SP (Super Protect) coating to keep the front surface free of dust and stains
- Built-in lens shutter equipped with an ND (neutral density) filter and an iris diaphragm