Our sources confirmed that Samsung will announce the new NX20 and NX200 cameras plus the new 85mm f/1.4 lens in July. We hope to get the exact release date as soon as possible. Meanwhile a korean photographer posted that image on the SLRgear forum. It shows the upcoming 85mm f/1.4 lens. The photographer spoke with the person you can see on the image. The tester said the ultrasonic AF is very fast and the lens has no chromatic aberration. That’s not a lot of info but I am sure the lens will deliver a very high image quality. It’s certainly one of those key lenses that other mirrorless systems like m43 and NEX cannot offer yet. Panasonic, Olympus and Sony, are you listening?
UPDATE: The lens will cost $999. You can already see it at BHphoto (Click here).
UPDATE: More info via dpreview forum:
1. It seems to have SSA motor and the AF is very fast. The speed is similar with Olympus E-3 + 14-54mm under daylight. It seems to be slightly slower then 12-60mm lens.
2. I couldn’t see any chromatic aberration in the display with max. magnification.
3. The price of the lens is TBD. It will be released around July or August. He came to the show for the final test.
4. He said he is a Canon user, but he will move to NX because he likes 85mm/f1.4 results.
5. NX 60mm macro seems to be simply Olympus 50mm Macro + SSA motor. NX 60mm macro IQ looks similar with 50mm Macro on main display with max. magnification.