Dpreview interviewed Uwe Moebus of Hasselblad. Some highlights:
1) ‘We have learnt that we should launch products when they are ready and fully developed for the market. We have also learnt a lot from our customers over last three years about what should be improved and we tried to bring this into the new camera.
2) ‘There are fewer professional photographers and it is getting harder for professionals to make money’
3) ‘There are fewer professional photographers and it is getting harder for professionals to make money’
4) Hasselblad was never tempted to use a higher resolution sensor in this model
5) Hasselblad was caught out by the demand for the X1D and really struggled at first to produce enough units to meet its orders. Since then though the company has boosted its production line, its manufacturing processes and assembly to deal with much larger volumes than it had expected. ‘
6) 35-75mm F3.5-4.5 zoom lens. Hasselblad claims it is the best lens the company has ever made
Hasselblad X1DII preorder for $5,750 at BHphoto.