OM Digital launched a special teaser page (Click here) for an October 27th event. We might get some info about the new “wow” camera that is scheduled to be launched in early 2022!
GH6 specs at BHphoto
43rumors got some early tidbits about the new GH6:
GH6 will be released Q1 2022
AND will include some sort of hybrid AF
Panasonic is expected some more details about the new camera in autumn…
There are new details emerging about the upcoming Nikon Z9:
- 8256 x 5504px resolution that confirms a 45MP stacked sensor (it is interesting to note that Canon decided to go with a 24MP sensor for their R3 camera).
- The Z9 will be capable of up to 120 fps in a lower res file size (6Mb I think). Some reports even indicated 160 fps!
- Built-in GPS – probably GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System).
- The Z9 will use the same battery as D6. There will be also a new 18-type battery (EN-EL18x) that can be charged by the camera’s USB-C.
- The sensor has multi leaf blade protective shutter that auto covers sensor when switched off/changing lens to stop dust and dirt on naked sensor.
- The Z9 will have car autofocus in addition to animal and people AF as well as low light -7 EV.
- Improved 3D tracking.
- Improved articulated screen that even works in portrait mode – it is a completely new design.
- New style locking flap for the two CFExpress memory cards.
- Third joystick/selector added to use whilst camera close face and shooting.
- Many new menu features to tweak and match your shooting style.
- The shutter release sound level can be adjusted from silent to loud… so you can still get that D6 machine gun sound…
- The official announcement is expected in the next 2 months, but do not expect many cameras to ship before the end of the year. Because of part shortage, the waiting time for the Z9 is expected to be very long.
GH6 specs at BHphoto
Long was Panasonic stubborn. They kept claiming their contrast AF is very close to the performance of the phase detection AF. Well, they might gave up on this. It’ rumored the GH6 will break the tradition and feature a new sensor with phase detection AF:
Those are the first rumored specs about the future Panasonic S1H II:
- 34mp full frame sensor
- 14+ stops Dynamic Range
- Built-in eND (up to 8 stops)
- 6.5 stops IBIS
- V-Log included
- Brand new DFD AF
- 8K 24p 4:2:0 10-bit 600M
- 6K 60p 4:2:2 10-bit 200M (cropped)
- 6K 24p / 30p 4:2:2 10-bit 400M
- C4K 60p 4:2:2 10-bit 400M
- C4K 120p 4:2:2 10-bit 400M
- 4K 180p 4:2:0 10-bit 200M
- FHD 240p 4:2:2 10-bit 100M
- FHD 300p 4:2:0 8-bit 50M
- Note: recording in C4K will downsampled from 5.6K resolution.
- Note: the built-in eND technology is similar to Z-Cam’s eND module add-on for the Z-Cam E2 6F, 6S and 8F. The transition from from stop to another won’t be smooth like the ones found in both the Sony FX9 and FX6.
- A bit bulkier than the original S1H due to both improved built-in IBIS and eND.
UPDATE: Made a typo and wrote 24Mp instead of 34MP in my initial post. Sorry folks!
The Japanese site DC.life is speculating about a possible L-mount move from OM Digital. They name a couple of reasons why they think that might be the case:
- First we have fact that the L-mount alliance itself announced that new partners might be coming soon.
- OM Digital is now free from Olympus “philosophy” of sticking to MFT only
- OM Digital announced a new “WOW” product for end 2021 or early 2022. This wow product may be a FF camera?
I think these speculation are unlikely to be true. Nevertheless…you never know!