On the web I see many speculating with a release of the new Panasonic S5II ate the CES show. It’s also said it will be Panasonic’s first S camera with phase detection AF (maybe even Lidar!). So let’s start with the facts:
- Yes, Panasonic held a big secret meeting in Tokyo with many famous youtubers and reviewers. So obviously something big is coming soon.
- Panasonic has a scheduled CES press conference on January 4th. But so far there is no hint or teaser about some camera related announcement.
And now to my speculation:
- I do believe the S5II will be the next new camera to be announced by Panasonic.
- I am not sure if it’s coming at the CES show but the fac they fahd that big Tokyo meeting surely suggests there is something coming soon
- While I am certain they will have a new autofocus system I am not sure if this means they will implement the new LIDAR tech. It might be the “Normal” phase detection AF
Anyway, let’s see what’s going to happen on Jan 4th!